Perseverance

 One month into the year, this is a good time to check in on my goals. About 2 weeks in, I got past the hard hump and may have gotten a little over confident. I let things slip a little, but not so much. I’m still definitely “on the program”. Im not eating veggies and drinking water as much as I should. Everyone around me is sick, and I started to feel rundown. I noticed it a lot during my cardio workouts, and started to pull back. Was this one particular thing causing me to feel rundown or is a little bit of everything combined?

I’ve been backing off on the cardio, but still working out. Mostly reformer Pilates, but trying out some other things. Today I am going to a class called “Recovery Fit”, lead by a physical therapist. I bought a vibration plate for home, it will help me increase strength, stability, alleviates joint pain and inflammation, and boosts circulation and the lymphatic system. I hopped on it a couple times and my heel spur and tight muscles feel much better after. And it’s easy to use, even just 10-15 min a day will help.

I started incorporating collagen. The one I bought is chocolate flavored, and has other really good ingredients. I’m hoping that it helps with joint pain and my quality of sleep, among other things. It’s not vegetarian, it has collagen from various sources including marine collagen. I like it so far, and I’m sleeping a little better but not sure yet if it’s just coincidence.

And I’m down a few pounds, my official weigh in is Monday mornings so I’ll report back with those results. So far I’m happy with my progress. I had an appointment with my dietician today, and I’m happy with the changes that I’ve made so far which do not feel restrictive. I am seeing improvement with my night hunger, though I’m not sure what the reason is.

Comments

Popular Posts