Major progress

Several months have passed since my last post. Not sure why I didn't post, but a lot happened. I have lost about 15 pounds since Jan 1st, and I am really happy to fit into clothes that I have not fit into for a long time. I have been able to shop my closet, and some things still had tags. A pair of Joe's Jeans boyfriend cut with patches is my new favorite pair of jeans, they are lightweight, comfortable, and a different cut than I normally wear. I've been wearing a Halston Heritage dress that hasn't fit me since covid. 

My heel spurs and plantar fasciitis improved, but I could feel my feet rolling out as I walked, ankle and hip pain. I finally took the plunge and got custom orthotics. They feel weird at first but I think they are working. I think that this is the key to be able to do long walks again and get back to normal. 

I have started riding my electric bike again and it feels great. Last summer I did not ride because of terrible sciatica. My body is really feeling good and my mind too. 

Recently I was sick with a fever over 104 and night sweats. Turns out that it was a small kidney stone. It just passed the other night, and luckily I did not feel it. I will send it to be analyzed so I can learn how to avoid in the future. I think it is the uric acid type, we will see how accurate my self-diagnosis is. I have been drinking a ton of fluids, including citrus (lemonade and orange juice). It really knocked out my appetite for a bit, but it's back with a vengeance along with sugar cravings. I am going to focus on being more mindful and aware of fullness, and hopefully I can curb the cravings. I really want to maintain my weight loss.

I've been a little cautious with exercise lately, but ramping up again now that the kidney stone and fevers have passed. 2-3 times a week pilates and 1 time cardio has been the routine recently. I would like to ramp up the cardio even more, being able to walk more is going to help. Eventually I would love to be able to start walk/run. I bought new barefoot sneakers, I will start using these here and there while I walk the dogs at night, and ease into them very slowly.

Last thing to report, Izzy and I have decided to buy a sauna. The one we have our heart set on was sold out, but the company has one that is being shipped back to them that they will sell us as soon as they receive. Hoping to have before the end of May. I think that this will be a good thing to add to our routine, and should be easy to implement having it at home. 

I also need to start up my beauty treatments again, and I want to start doing chemical peel and microneedling on my abs. I'm seriously thinking about getting liposuction on my abs this year and this will help to start tightening the skin there.

Also very happy to report that my finances are in a much better place and I have been paying off lots of debt. I have been tight with my spending, though I've been loosening up lately. I am going to evaluate my spending for the month of April and tighten up again. Hoping to pay off this debt so I can proceed with lipo.

Last thing, Izzy and I are opening up a construction company. I have an appointment on Thursday for the licensing application. Then my focus will shift to bookkeeping, website, social media, and marketing. In a short amount of time, I feel like we've made some big moves. Taking our time to set up the company right. And Izzy paid his quarterly taxes for the first time! Putting in the hard work and seeing the gains.

Comments

Popular Posts